1. These terms and conditions are the Competition Rules (”Rules”) and apply to the Name In Lights competition included on the www.notcelebrity.co.uk website (”Competition”). By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by Fierce! Festival Limited (”Fierce!”) on behalf of the artist Joshua Sofaer, who has been commissioned by Fierce! Festival to create the Competition.
3. Fierce! reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within these Rules. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Competition Rules, Fierce!, 608b The Big Peg, 120 Vyse Street, Birmingham B18 6NF.
4. The decision of the judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. Fierce! reserves the right to change the panel of judges without notice and not to select a winner if, in the opinion of the judges, there is no suitable winning entry.
6. This competition is not open to employees or contractors of Fierce! or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of the Competition, or their direct family members. Fierce! reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
7. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete and it is your original work and it has not been previously published in print or online, broadcast or awarded a prize in another competition.
8. Fierce! assumes that by using the Website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) either you have legal capacity to enter the Competition and agree to the Rules (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract) or your parents have consented to your entry of the Competition and use of these Rules.
9. Fierce! reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
10. Entries can be submitted by post, through the website or by phone.
You can submit as many entries as you like but each entry must be
submitted separately. Entries must be a maximum of 150 words.
11. All entries must arrive by 5 p.m. on Tuesday 17th April 2007.
12. The winner will be notified by Monday 14th May 2007.
13. There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the www.notcelebrity.co.uk website (the “Website”). Calls from the premium rate telephone line cost £1.50 per minute from a BT landline and calls last no more than 3 minutes. Call from mobile phones and other networks may vary. Please obtain the permission of whoever pays the telephone bill before making the call. Where entry to a Competition is by premium rate telephone call, entry may also be made by post by writing to: Name in Lights, PO Box 593, Banbury, OX16 6DG, to be received by the closing date of Tuesday 17th April 2007.
14. Fierce! does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
15. Fierce! cannot return any Competition entries.
16. The prize winner will be chosen by the panel of judges from a selection of qualifying entries. A list of the judges is available on the Website. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and Fierce! shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
17. Prize winners will be notified by Monday 14 May 2007. The Competition winner’s name may be published on the Website or you can write to Competition Prize Winners, Fierce!, 608b The Big Peg, 120 Vyse Street, Birmingham B18 6NF including a self-addressed stamped envelope for the name of the winner.
18. If the winning name is nominated by a third party and the relevant individual does not wish to see their name in lights, Fierce! and the judges may chose an alternate prize winner from a selection of qualifying entries.
19. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
20. No prize will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
Intellectual Property Rights
21. By entering the competition you agree to grant the exclusive rights
for Fierce! to display, publish or broadcast your entry in any form whether printed, electronic or otherwise for one year after the closing date of the competition. After this date, Fierce! will continue to reserve non-exclusive rights to publication. You will not be entitled to any payment or royalties from Fierce! or from the Competition relating to your entry.
22. You hereby warrant that the information which you submit will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Fierce! reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute, or remove the same.
23. Fierce! cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
Data Protection and Publicity
24. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Fierce! reserves the right to use the names of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
25. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
26. The Competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law.
How to contact us
27. You can contact us in relation to any competition by writing to Fierce! at the address above.